Today, I am not a woman

I know that it’s been a while since I wrote anything, but – truthfully – nothing worth writing has occurred over the last many weeks.  I’m still getting used to my fence that I can’t see, I didn’t have to fast for the Jewish Holidays (too young), and I still am shy around people.

But, now, I do have some news: yesterday, I got my nails clipped!  It felt so nice.  Well, I suppose it felt nice.  See, I was kinda sorta out of it (as the kids say).  I was taken to a “vet” and they put some medicine in me that made me go to sleep.  When I woke up, my nails were clipped.  Oh, and I had 7 baby teeth taken out.  And, I think there was something else…

Oh, I remember.  I got sprayed.  I mean, “spayed.”

Doctor Silverman said that he’s never had to work in such a small space. And that he’d never seen ovaries as small as mine.  I’m so proud.  We got the baby teeth in a tube, but I’m not sure where those ovaries are.   Here’s a picture that someone took of the operation:

image

Okay, that’s not really us, since I’m not spotted and Doctor Silverman isn’t blonde, but you get the idea.

Stacie and Joelle picked me up and I was a little groggy.  But, once I got back to my peeps (again, I think that’s what the kids say) I was really alright.  I couldn’t eat right away (doctor’s orders) so I decided to whimper instead.  It didn’t help me feel less hungry, but I still liked doing it.

Everyone said I’d be really tired for a few days.  Everyone was wrong.

I had a scrambled egg last night and just wanted to eat and eat some more.  Today, I was a little sore (I’m not supposed to run around too much, and I’m not supposed to pick at my stitches, and I’m not supposed to get wet).  But, I’m feeling like myself.  Even though I slept some today, I didn’t oversleep or act unusually quiet. 

All in all, everything went well, and now I’m happy that I have that over with.  But, I thought I was going to get ice cream at the vets!  I guess I’ll just have to get my tonsils removed next.

Arf, Yip, Yip, Arf

Izzi

Comments