Happy Twenty-Ten. I mean Two Thousand and Ten. I mean….

Well, I made it to the beginning of my first “new year” and I’m feeling good and looking good and generally a happy dog.  You may have noticed that I haven’t been writing as much as I used to.  There’s a reason for that: nothing much happens with me anymore.  Sure, I saw my first snowfall (and, no, I didn’t get lost).  And, sure, I’ve perfected the art of barking at anything that dares to move on my street (especially after 11PM).  And, sure, I’m about 2/3 through my “roll over” lessons (I’m still ending up on my back, but I get a treat anyway…my trainer’s a softie).

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not doing nothing (and excuse, please, the double negative; your language continues to baffle me).  For example, I find that I can now sleep nearly 23 hours a day if the people I live with would just respect my hobby IMAG0106

Oh, I have met some new people.  Annette came in from California and it was nice to meet her.  She’s very nice and I can tell that she likes puppies like me.

Sometimes, though, I get to leave our home and go on “errands”.  On the very first day of this year, I went to Chelsea for the first time and I was impressed.  While Stacie and Miriam went into a Market Basket that had 34 checkout lines, I tried to drive.

IMAG0107 As usual, I couldn’t reach the pedals, so it was another frustrating afternoon.  Happily, I got to have a hamburger when we got home.  I suppose it’s more accurate to say that I had “hamburger meat” (still can’t fit a bun in my mouth), but it was delicious.

And, when we got home, I ran out in the snow and I got huge (for me) balls of snow stuck in my fir.  I wish I had a picture to show you, but I don’t.  It was as if I’d decided to dress up as a cotton ball dispenser!  Or, as if I was using marshmallows as flotation devices.  I mean covered with small snowballs!  I was shivering, so I had to have some of them cut off of me.  But, I’m fine now.

I hope that I have a great 2010 and that you do, too!

Yip, Yip, Yip, Yip

Izzi

Comments