My Summer Journey…Part 2

Well, I'm back from my jaunt to the "left coast" (as those of us who visit there like to call it).  I had a really good time, and I'm happy to report that I've developed some bad habits, like biting faces of people that irritate me.  It's good to get out into the world, and learn new things.


So, since the last time I wrote, I did get a visit from two new friends: Scarlett and Wilson.  Unfortunately (for you), the photographer got a leg in the way of a picture of the three of us.  But, when they tried to take a video of us playing, we moved too fast to be caught on film.  Not intentional, mind you, just our normal selves.  So, this awful picture will have to do, and memo to me: get a new photographer on these trips.2010-08-08_10-02-56_30
Let me tell you about my two new friends: Scarlett is three years old (I hope I look that good when I'm her age) who is a Yorkie (which, I think means either "Yorkshire Terrier" or "York Peppermint Patty"; I never got the answer to that one).  She's a little bigger than me, but fast!  It was fun to play with her, since she's almost my size.


Her brother is Wilson, a "teacup" Yo2010-08-07_14-50-57_141 rkie.  He's really cute (not that Scarlett isn't); I think his ears are about the size of his head, and he is smaller than I am.  He and I played a lot.  We had a game where we chased each other around the hotel room, and then a game where we chased each other around the hotel room, and - my favorite game - chasing each other around the hotel room.

I should mention, dear reader, that my two new friends did not find their way to our hotel on their own.  These Canadian puppies brought along Grace and Darcy and Brian, who all were very nice.  And, like their dogs, they had that “Canadian” way of speaking….arf, eh?


There was an incident that I thought I should share: the hotel was kind enough to give me a 'welcome gift' of some dog image biscuits (shaped like dog bones).  And, being the Princess that I am, I decided that I didn't want them, since they were neither rare roast beef nor lamb treats, and so I could not even understand their purpose.  So, when Wilson and Scarlett were over and I was offered a piece of one, I turned up my nose (figuratively) at it.  Then, Wilson was offered a bite and - suddenly! - I had an urge to partake...I mean eat (being back in Boston has reinvigorated the Brahmin in me; sorry) the treat.  For the record, it had nothing to do with my being jealous of another dog; I just happened to get very hungry very fast, and the dog biscuit was there, and so that's my story and I'm sticking to it.


We all went for walks together, and we went into a store called "Nordstrom Rack".  I was happy, because I thought we were going to have to wait outside in the damp (did I mention that our first day had fabulous weather, but the next days got worse and worse?  Good thing I can be carried under someone's sweatshirt, because I hate getting wet).  But, a nice woman said we could go inside, so we did.  I didn't buy anything (I don't have pockets for cash, so I'm at the whim of whomever I'm with and let me just say that NO ONE was in an especially good, "Let's buy Izzi a present" mood.  Harrumph).

2010-08-07_10-08-02_300
The next morning, I went for a walk with my new friends down to Pike Place to get some treats for the way home, or so I thought.  I don't like peaches.  I don't like cheese curds.  I don't like special cheese with pepper in it. I don't know if I like salmon, because no one offered me any.  So, it was pretty much treats for everyone-but-Izzi, which I found to be very disappointing. 

We left our hotel and went to the airport, where we had to wait in a very very long line.  We went through one of those "rat mazes" where you go back and forth and back and forth and zigzag your way to the x-ray machine.  I didn't have anything that I was worried about (I don't carry my shampoo with me, so that made the inspection easier than it might have been), so we breezed through the scanner.  All that time (airport, line, security, ....) I was not in my cage, so I liked the trip.  And, no one told me I had to get into it, so I didn't.image
Then, just before we got on the plane. I decided to spend a little time in my carrier.  I thought it best, because I didn't want to disturb the rules of the plane, plus I wanted to see if I could fight hard enough while I was being put in that I would be able to squirm out.  Sadly, I failed, and had to spend time in that miniature prison.  One without proper restroom or an endless supply of meats and cheeses. 
Anyway, once we got up in the air, I was able to stretch out on Stacie's lap for the flight.  I was sad that I couldn't watch Animal Planet, even though everyone around me was watching TV, and the children in front of us were watching both a TV and a DVD.  Oh, well.

But, it was a wonderful flight, because I got to sleep on my mama's lap the whole way.

And, now we've been back for a couple of days, and I've had to shake the jet lag, which is why it took me this long to write.  I can't wait for my next trip, and I can't wait to see my new friends again.

Arf, Arf, Yip, Arf
Izzi

Comments