My Summer Journey…Part 1

content _media_external_images_media_189

Dear Diary:

Does my writing seem different than usual?  Do my words have some sort of twang or intonation that's usually not there?  Am I using jargon that is unfamiliar to your ears?   Well, if so, there is a reason for that....I'm not home and haven't been for two days. I am in the great Northwest!!  Seattle, to be precise. And, having wandered around this sleepy city for two days, I've noticed that I've begun to pepper my talking with phrases like "cool" and "rad" and "latte" and "Hendrix was a god and an unappreciated genius".

So, let me tell you a bit about my lad few days. It started at home, where my mama (that would be my human mama and the one I love more than anything on this earth; my real mommy is a faint memory) packed up things for our trip and then took me to the place where the airplanes wait. We got through security without any trouble (would have been a great opportunity for me to smuggle contraband [such as catnip] through in my fur, but that's for another day.  Then we waited for our airplane to be ready. I had to go in my tiny tiny tiny case, but it was okay. I was put on the floor of the plane, and off we went. When we were flying, my mama took me out and I sat on her lap and we both slept. But a mean guy told her I had to go back in my tint tiny tiny (did I mention how small it was!  It was so small the fleas were hunchbacked...bada boom) case where I spent the rest of the flight.  I was so high up!  But I wasn't scared. 

Then we landed and as we walked to the taxis, I took a moment to 'freshen up,' which is a euphemism (look it up) for "peed in on the cement floor of the walkway to the cabs". We got to the hotel after midnight, but I was happy to see my name on the doggie board. And, at the head!

content---media-external-images-media-187

I like our room because it's big and I can run around a lot. And the bed is low enough that I can - almost - jump on it from the floor. Almost. 

Yesterday, we went for a very long walk to Pike Place, where there were lots of people and lots of food. Some people tried to talk to me and tell me I was cute, but - as I normally do, I played it cool.  I think that by the time we got back to our room I had walked two or three miles!  I was given the afternoon to myself so I decided to sleep and the sleep some more. I was vigilant even though this isn't my normal home: I barked at every movement in the hallway and every noise. I'm such a good watch dog!   Then I was left alone while everyone else went to dinner, but they came home and I had my favorite; turkey.

I was so happy and excited that I didn't want to go to sleep so I bothered everyone until I was tttb ( too tired to bother).

This morning, Stacie and I went on another long walk and I had fun and saw the Space Needle, but we just looked at it and didn't go up (good thing because I am afraid of heights. I think.). When we got back and everyone was drinking coffee, I slept on my mama's lap. Then I was left alone and caught up on my sleep (I only got 22 hours of sleep yesterday, so today was a 'catch up' day for me). This evening, I got to go for a walk and the took another nap on my mama's lap during 'happy hour'. And now we are back in our room and no one is playing with me so I think I'll just bark like a crazy dog.

Oh, almost forgot that UPI had some yummy roast beef from the IGA. Now, I am not usually the kind of dog who complains but it was a bit fatty and a bit thick. I'm glad it was ripped into tiny pieces for me!  I have the best mama!

Tomorrow, I am going to meet my new best friends, Wilson and Scarlett. Oh, boy. I'm not sure if I'll show them around my hotel, or just bark and snarl at them.  We'll see.

Arf, Yip, Yip, Arf,
Izzi

Comments