A new culinary delight!



You probably know that I've been roaming the earth for almost two years, and in that time I've had a wide variety of food: dog food, which I really don't like, cold cuts, chicken, leftovers, pasta, potato chips, steak...well, I could go on. I try to keep myself in shape by running around the house like a maniac a few times a day. Also, when the snow finally melts (mid-July?), I'll run around like a maniac outside, too.

But, tonight I had a treat that I'd never tried before. I guess because there was a TV show about movies on tonight (and, let me say right now, that if the movie doesn't have a dog as the lead character, it loses me pretty quickly. "Dogs & Cats" was great. I enjoy the old "Lassie" and "Rin Tin Tin" movies, and my favorite is "Lady and the Tramp." I'm partial to Woody Allen movies, too, but that's a discussion for a different day.

So, tonight, a big metal thing was put on the place that cooking happend in this house, and it started to make noise: bang! bang! pop! bang! and I was brave and ran into the other room. Then, it stopped and I smelled a smell that I never smelled before, so I came back in to make sure everything was alright. And, I was greeted with this puffy white thing that was sort of hot and I didn't want to eat it. But, I didn't want to walk away because - well - it tasted pretty good. So, in a moment, after expressing my feeling about the warmth of the item, I tried it again...AND I LOVED IT. I'm told that it's called "popped corn" and I think I may have had it before, but never this fresh!
 

Mmmm. Mmmmm. Mmmmm. I must have had 10 of them tonight. I like them because they look like me (white and fluffy) and because they taste so good. I was told that they're good for my belly, but we'll see.

So, now I can't wait for another night when I get my own popped corn.

Arf, Yip, Yip, Yip,
Izzi

Comments