I M 2

Today, I am 2. Or, as the mathematicians in this house have told me: 10. That's right, it's my birthday! And, I'm so happy that I'm not one years old anymore; I was growing tired of being a baby. Now, I'm 2, which some people say is like being a 14 year old human, so I suppose that I'm now a teenager. And, since I celebrated my birthday by eating butter (without bread, matzoh, or pasta), I guess that it's official now. Plus, I find that I like to sleep a lot, and have trouble waking up in the morning...oh, wait, that was true even when I was one. And, even before then.

But, today was a sort of a strange day for me, since I spent a long stretch of time not feeling very well. Some say that it's because I ate something I wasn't supposed to (perhaps something that was left behind by one of the furry friends that like to run through my yard). And, that may be true (more about that in a bit). But, I also had a regular, normal Izzi-like day for long stretches. Maybe it's just that I'm going through this transition from age one to age two that I don't know what to do with myself.

Let me tell you a little more about my second birthday: it started with a normal wake-up, which meant that I kissed and kissed and kissed my mama when I woke up. I was so happy to see that she was alive, that I could not stop just kissing her. Then, a quick 'pit stop' outside to relieve myself, then back to bed for more kissing my mama. After a while, we both woke up, and we started our day. I didn't have anything to eat at first, because I was busy going outside and running around. This was a little hard, because there was snow on the ground (we'd had a little spring storm the other day, and the snow was still in my back yard), so it was hard for me to get any traction. This was a good thing for the squirrels that I saw, because I could not pick up enough speed to catch them when I saw them running by. But, I did play with my green ball a little.

I found a glove that I decided to attack, and I was lucky enough to have a camera person on hand while I attacked. Oh, those gloves! They are such a menace!

Then, it was time to come in for breakfast, and I had a scrambled egg made for me. But, I wasn't very hungry. I just sort of laid on the couch (and the back of the couch) for most of the morning, even though I had a small dish of Cheerios (the official breakfast cereal of this blog) put down for me as a special birthday treat. I was still not myself when my mama came back from whatever she was doing later in the morning, and I just wanted to rest. I still didn't feel all that great, but I didn't get to just sleep.

My mama took me to visit Jonah, who was also having a birthday today. He's 8 years old (or, 1000, if you believe that binary should be our counting system). I was a little scared that I was going to go to the groomer, but we didn't. I went into Jonah's house and there was Max! He's so big and - even though he's friendly - I wanted to both run away from him and bite him. After a while, I decided it best for both of us if I just waited in the car. Outside. By myself. All alone.

Then, it was time to drive home, but on the way, we made a quick stop to see something that was a special treat for me: the Holliston Animal Hospital, which is where I met my mama on the day she brought me home. That was nice!

At home, I started to feel like myself, and went out back to play with my green ball some more. Because it was my birthday, I not only had my (usual) lamb treat when I came in; I had three lamb treats! Yum!

Then, for dinner, I had a nice plate of turkey, and a little rice. And - for the first time that I remember - some butter (like I said before). And, there were other treats. No cake, but it was still a good day.

And, now, I am 10. I love being a puppy, and I love being (now) a 2-year old puppy!

Arf. Yip. Yip. Arf.
Izzi

Comments