Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th. It's supposed to be an unlucky day. I - personally - do my best to avoid black cats, mirrors, and ladders that I have to walk under. So, generally, I'm not too worried about this date. Of course, this is something like the fourth "Friday the 13th" I've ever seen in my lifetime. I can't really remember the other ones (I can't really remember yesterday, but that's not the point of this blog), so maybe I just need more wisdom and maturity.

But, even though today has not been (and, I should point out that as I write this, there are still almost 5 and a half hours left in the day, so anything can happen) particularly unlucky, I have had quite a full day. I'll tell you all about this after this commercial break:

I know that many of you are wondering about how I'm going to be able to keep blogging while raising a new puppy. Well, first of all, thank you for your concern. Secondly, I created a solution that I think is brilliant (if I do bark so myself): I am teaming up with my new sister/cousin and creating a new blog. Yup, that's the plan. And, I haven't yet started to write for that one, since she's not with us yet, but it's set to go and at some time in the future (keep reading this blog!), I'll tell you how to find it. Now, back to our regularly scheduled blog.

So, the day started with a walk to Evan's school. It's pretty far and I was tired, but I did it. My little legs were moving so fast, you might think that they'd turn into butter (reference to old folk tale goes here). But, I did it (okay, I was carried a few times) and then, I made it back home, too. Whew! For me, that was enough for one day; I could have just found a nice, warm, sunny place and slept. And, then, slept some more.

But, there was another surprise lurking for me: before I even had a chance to take off my collar (okay, not so much a collar as a cross your heart strappy thing), I was whisked away into a car and I didn't know where we were going! Groomer? I hoped not. To a dog food store for samples? Wouldn't that be fun! Abandoned in the woods of New Hampshire? Inconceivable and Impossible (but, I saw this TV show once and...).

Nope.

I went to work. And, since I've found that my work in the office is getting better and better, I kind of looked forward to it. As I had hoped, when I got to my office, food and water were laid out for me (I hadn't had breakfast and I was getting a bit peckish...which is English Sheepdog for "hungry"), but I wasn't (yet) in the mood. I wanted to check out the office and make sure that things were running smoothly. I walked around it and around it and around it, and then I decided that I might get a better view from the chair. So, very carefully and with a lot of thought and preparation, I jumped! The chair was two feet off the ground, but I nailed the landing! And, I looked around some and - still - I didn't think the view really gave me the ability to monitor the workers the way that I wanted to. So, I looked around, and saw a better perch: the desk itself. So, again, with some planning and thought, I leaped the foot and a half to the desk. This time, I didn't land as well as I'd hoped, but it wasn't my fault: there were papers and other items scattered around the desk (many with strange characters and number, and if I wasn't so interested in getting a good view of the office, I might have fallen asleep from boredom after reading those things). So, from my new vantage point, I could watch everything and make sure that the work that needed to get done was - in fact - being done.

Work May 13

Then, under my watchful eye, work was proceeding, so I felt that I had an opportunity to take a brief rest.

An hour or so later, I moved so that my head was on the keyboard, which meant that any work that involved the use of the "Q", "W", "A", "tab", or "Z" keys would have to be put off until another time. A short hour nap later, I was ready to move around a bit, so I went for a brief walk through the parking area. Then, back in the office for more napping, and then I decided it was time to return home.

On the ride home, we put the top down, so I could enjoy the sun and smell all the smells around! And, I could put my head on the top of the door and look as cute as any doggie has ever looked while riding in a convertible whose color contrasted the color of a dog's fur. It was amazing. I saw and smelled so much! But, before long, I was back home and in my own house and in my own back yard (which - thankfully! - had transformed from a jungle of grass to more of a meadow).

And, so, as you can see, Friday the 13th was a good day for me, and a good day for American business.

Yip, Yip, Arf, Yip,
Izzi

Comments