My first snow!


First of all, I want you to know that this is Rozi doing the dictation today. My sister, Izzi, is busy sleeping, so I snuck over and started to whisper some things to our scribe so that I could get my thoughts down before Izzi wakes up. She's a great sister, but sometimes she hogs all the words in this blog. I guess that's okay, since sometimes I hog all the food on our plates. But, every now and then, I like to tell people how I'm feeling about the world in general, and this is one of those days.

The first thing I want to talk about is the snow. I know that Izzi has had her thoughts about it put on this blog many times, but - then again - she's been through three winters now, and this is my first. I have to say that I absolutely love the snow!!!! The first time there was snow was a few months ago, and there was so much of it that sometimes the lights when out and it melted pretty quick any way and so what with the lights going off and the noise and cracking of branches in our yard, I didn't realize that "snow" was a thing.

But, then, last Tuesday the first snow of the year happened and I loved running around trying to eat it all before it hit the ground. I thought that someone was throwing lots and lots of food down from the sky, and I was so happy to eat it. It felt so good in my mouth and going down to my belly, but it didn't make me less hungry. But, I will say that it was fun to eat and I think that I lost a few milligrams of weight with all the running around. I suppose it's like when people eat celery: eating something takes more energy than the food adds to you, so it's a net loss. So - just thinking out loud now - if I kept eating snow, I would soon disappear, having lost all my body weight. So, it's a good thing that I stopped, I guess.

And, then, the other day there was even more snow. This time, I was in the house when it happened, so I didn't eat too much of it. But, I did like looking outside at all the white outside our house. It was so pretty.

And, then, someone (I think it was mama) left the door open! And, when no one was looking, I scooted outside and explored the snow, and I ate some more as it was coming down and I got a little wet. And, then I came back inside and no one knew that I'd been outside, so I didn't get into any trouble. Which could only mean one possible thing to do: try it again, but with more boldness.

So, I went out the door, and trotted around the house and came up on the porch in the back and when I did I could see my sister on the couch and because I blended in with the snow (I thought) I was invisible, so I didn't think anyone saw me. I was smiling (as much as a puppy can) because I was not only outside, but I was outside in the snow (!), and I was doing something that I wasn't supposed to be doing! So, it was like a triple header of joy for me. But, I wasn't as invisible as I thought that I was, so I got caught and brought into the house and before I knew it, the front door was closed and so I couldn't go outside any more by myself :(

But, that didn't mean that I was stuck in the house, because I got to go outside later in the day and run around in a circle. It was a little slippery, but it was fun and felt funny on my paws. I tried to run around, but I slipped (more than I did yesterday) and when it was time to come in, it was hard for me to get up the stairs, because I'm still not used to this white slipperyness. Sister's much better at it than I am, so maybe some day I'll be good in the snow.

But, until then, I'll just try to sneak out whenever I can and have another adventure soon.


Oh, and I should say that because the Patriots are playing an important football game today, my name for the day is "Gronk" and sister's name for the day is "Welka"! And, I found a great red football and I love playing with it, just like my football heroes do.

Arf, Yip, Yip, Arf
Rozi (without Izzi!)

Comments