It's a bright and shiny new year!


We greet the new year with big smiles and wagging tails. Well, it occurs to us that you can't really tell when we're smiling, although it's usually pretty clear since it's the same time(s) that we're wagging our tails.

2012 was a good year for both of us. Our favorite memory of the year was the night our mama gave us a yummy dinner of freshly-cooked chicken, and mixed in some broccoli and lamb treats. Seems like it was only yesterday.... Oh, wait, that was yesterday. And, the day before. And, the day before that. And....well, I suppose that we're a little bit "spoiled" when it comes to our dining habits, but we will still say that our combined the highlight of the year was eating.




Rozi's highs and lows for 2012
Rozi's highlight of the year was going for walks. She loves the freedom of being out on the mean streets of Lexington, and this year, she also got to visit New York City (again) and Syracuse (for the first time). It's unfortunate that the pedestrians in both cities were invading her personal space, and it's not really her fault that she nipped at them. You try being six inches off the ground when all around you is tall buildings and people. It's frightening and Rozi was just defending herself. And, so, it would seem that the low point of the year for Rozi was when she was yelled at by that mean man who always tells her to be a good girl. She tries; she really does.
Izzi's highs and lows for 2012


For Izzi, the low point of the year is that Rozi is still around. She thought that sharing her kingdom was a temporary thing and that the intruder would soon move on. But, the little one (and, of course, that's in terms of chronology, not waist size) was here all year and often got the prime real estate on the bed (which is curled up next to our mama). Izzi now thinks that this might be a permanent arrangement, and does spend some of the morning grooming her little sister, but is careful to comment when the little one gets out of line. Such as sleeping in the prime real estate spot. Izzi's high point was visiting New York City. She loves the city, with all its sounds and lights and she loves getting to see Grammy and Rachel and Elisa and Ricky. While confused about the little rooms with the doors that slide together that she is put into (when the doors open, the world has changed, and this troubles her), she likes being in a place that's different from her home.

Oh, wait. She just changed her mind about her highlight of the year: it was being at home, waiting for her mama to come home after leaving forever. Rozi has now also changed her high point to the same thing.

So, for 2013, we have resolutions that we're going to do our best to keep.

Rozi's first. "For 2013, I will do my best to only eat the food that I am given for my breakfast, my second breakfast, my brunch, my lunch, my mid-day snack, my dinner, my second dinner, and my late night treat. That means that I will try very hard not to eat plastic or cardboard or pins or any other thing that my mama calls 'not food'. I know it will be hard and it will mean that when I go exploring at night time when everyone else is trying to sleep, I will not be able to pull things off the bench just to chew on the cardboard and the plastic that I find. So far this year, I am doing great. Also, I will do my best to not eat my sister's dinner when she's not looking."

Next, Izzi. "Okay, so first of all, Rozi, the year is only 14 hours long, and so you don't have to be so proud of yourself. Second, my resolution for 2013 is to try to be a better sister to Rozi and not snap at her at night time. Also, I will try very hard to eat only food that is in the house, which means that the treats that I find outside that my bunny friends leave for me will be a no-no. No matter how yummy they might seem, I have to remind myself that I always have a belly ache and even though I like when mama makes me chicken and rice (warm, with broth, not like when the mean man just scoops cold rice on a plate...yuck!), I should eat better. I know that I'm getting older and I have to take better care of myself and be much more choosy about what I eat. Perhaps I will explore the treats that my arch-enemy, the squirrel, leaves in the back yard."

So, that's all from us as we end one year and look forward to the next. As you can see, we're resting up for what we believe will be a year full of food, belly rubs, food, walks in the neighborhood, food, treats, food, and fun.
Saving up energy for a fun year ahead of us


And, we wish you, our loyal reader, a happy and healthy 2013.

Arf, Yip, Yip, Arf,
Izzi & Rozi

Comments