The whole tooth and nothing but the tooth

Hello, this is Izzi. Even though this "blog" thing is supposed to be for both Rozi and for me, today it will be just about me. Because what I want to let everyone know is that - first of all - I'm fine. I've had a tough few days, but I'm my old self and I'm happy about that (and my mama is happy about it, too...Rozi? One can never be sure with that girl!).

It all started innocently enough on Thursday. As you can see (scroll down to see the prior posting), it started out as a pretty fun day. I don't like going in the car usually, but this time mama said it was a special day for me and I was excited. She forgot to give me breakfast, and then we went in the car and were at her office, where I helped her with some really hard problems she was having. I thought about how I would spend the day: would I curl up in my mama's lap while she told other people to get me water? Would I sit on her desk, while she told other people to get me boiled chicken? Would I walk across her desk while other people fed me treats? But, all of a sudden, I was being picked up and we were going for another ride in mama's car. I got the feeling that the day was not going to be as good as I thought it might be.

I was right.

In just a little while, we were at the doctor's office, and I was scared. We were just here, I thought, and I didn't know why I was back again. I hoped that maybe we were just picking up something that mama forgot, like a bag of pretzels or a Keurig cup, but I was wrong again. We went into a little room and mama let the nice people there take me away and I was alone in the morning. After what seemed like a very long time, they cut some of the hair off of my arm and I felt a little pinch. Then, I was getting really sleepy. So, sleepy, and none of mama's clothes to sleep on. I started to fall asleep and slept for a really long time.

When I woke up, I was still really tired. But, mama was there and I was happy to see her, but I was too tired to wag my tail. Oh, and my mouth hurt and I didn't remember eating anything that would hurt my mouth. But, I was so happy to have my mama back that I didn't mind. She scooped me up and held me in her arms even when she was driving back home.

When we got home, I could hear Rozi barking before we even came into the house. And, when we got in the house, I could barely keep my eyes open but I heard Rozi barking, and then the sound of the barks coming from Rozi, and them more barking (thanks to Rozi). Mama was talking and I heard her say "four teeth" and "operation" and "poor thing". And, someone said that I looked like another doggie named "Amy Winehouse" because my face was all shaggy and my eyes just could not stay open. My mama handed me off and said goodbye to me and left, and I thought she was maybe never coming back. I was really tired, though, and I didn't mind being held, since all I wanted to do was sleep some more. Then, after lots of more naps (or maybe one nap...I cannot be sure), my mama came home and I was finally not so tired and I could wag my tail and all I wanted to do was to run to her and so I did! I did!

Mama made me a yummy scrambled egg and blew on it to be sure that it was cool enough for me to eat (she's such a good mama!) and she even fed it to me a small piece at a time. My mouth hurt a lot and when I chewed, it felt different. But, the egg was so good that I ate it all up and mama made another one and another one (Rozi helped making 'all gone', so I did keep my girlish figure). In a little while we went to bed, but my mouth hurt too much to have a treat (Rozi again helped make 'all gone'). I coughed a lot that night and I was happy that I didn't have to get off the bed to have my water. Then, we went to sleep and the next morning, I felt a little better and had a little more to eat, but it felt again like it was different when I chewed. I still don't know why but I'm happy that I am eating. Mama gave me ice cream for breakfast, too (and I think there was something special inside of it because I could feel a small, hard, round thing in the ice cream, but it didn't make the ice cream taste worse, so I ate it all up).

Then, I spent the day just relaxing and last night, when it was treat time... I had a treat and a treat and a treat and a treat! Yum!

Now, I'm feeling much better and I'm back to my normal self.

Oh, here's a picture that the doctor gave mama when she picked me up. She said to make it little in case anyone was eating when they read this...I don't know where Rozi is now, so maybe that's what she meant.

Arf, Arf, Arf, Yip
Izzi

(I'm here. I'm hungry. Deal with it. - Rozi)

Comments