Belly Trouble


While Izzi takes a nap on this beautiful autumn day, this is Rozi taking over the blog. I had a crazy day today, and I wanted to tell you, my friends, all about it.

See, yesterday I wasn't feeling so good. Oh, sure, I'd had a nice plate of turkey, cooked just the way I like it for dinner on Wednesday, but when I woke up on Thursday, I just wasn't hungry. I know what you're saying: that's not like me and you're right. It was a sort of out-of-stomach experience to not want to eat my breakfast (and, whenever possible, my sister's breakfast). But, I didn't think much about it; I figured that I'd get hungry as the day went on and so I settled myself in my nice warm bed for the first of many naps.

But, mid-morning, I had a belly ache. I went upstairs to see what my friends Lenny and John were doing (they're making me a special room so that I have a place to hide when I want to play a game with my mama) and as I was returning, I got a little sick. I was happy that Lenny's drop cloth was covering the steps, so that there wasn't anything to clean up (if you've ever seen his drop cloth, you'd know that my being sick on it is probably the cleanest thing that's ever landed on it). Then, I went in for another nap and when I woke up, I found myself gagging just a little and my belly hurt. After a few naps (and then a few more naps) it was dinner time and I did have a little bit to eat, then some more napping, then bed. I felt myself when it was bedtime and I wanted to play with my sister (who - as usual - didn't want to play with me) and soon it was time to go to sleep.

When I woke up, I was again not so hungry and I didn't have much to eat of either my breakfast or of Izzi's. And, in between morning naps, I felt myself getting sick a couple of more times, and just hoped it would pass. But, after a while, I was really feeling unwell, and I was shaking and wished there was something that could be done to make me feel better.

I did a Jedi mind trick and convinced my butler/slave to take me to my doctor. Now, if you've read the stories that Izzi and I like to tell you on this blog, you know how much I don't like riding in a car, so you should have a sense of how I must have been feeling if I wanted to go for a drive. On the drive, I was shaking and a little scared; the doctor and the hair salon are the places we go to most of the time we get to go for a ride, and those are two places that I like when I get there but I don't like the getting there (if you know what I mean), but I tried my best to keep focused on getting better.

Soon, we were at my doctor, and I was sad but then my mama came in! What a surprise to see her and I was happy and almost forgot about my belly. But, not really. Because we were an "emergency", we had to wait a while.

And, wait some more.

But, it was okay because my mama was there. Then, the doctor came in and she felt my belly and took my temperature (100.3!) and we all decided that I should have a special shot of something to make my belly feel better and a special way to get water into my little body. So, we took care of that, and I started to feel better right away. And, I felt even better when my mama said that she'd make me chicken and rice for dinner. Yum!

I got driven home and got to see Izzi again, and I told her all about what happened, and she wasn't worried. She knows that I'm a tough little girl and so when she saw me and we played a little bit, my day got so much better.

Now, I'm just going to take another nap, and soon my mama will be home and I'll get to have my yummy special dinner!

Arf, Yip, Yip, Arf
Rozi (only)

Comments