My mornings

Mmmmm. Morning already? I see a faint glint of the sun as it bounces off the shed. Because I'm small, I have an angle that most don't, so I can see that the day is about to start. Even though the darkness still dominates, much like I do with feet, I can see that I'll be up and about soon. I had a wonderful night of sleeping where there was much warmth. I am so glad that people have such a high body temperature. I saw a show on Animal Planet once that said that some animals like turtles and lizards are "cold blooded" and have temperatures that are nearly freezing. Oh, I'm so glad that I'm not part of any of those families.

Now, the room fills with sound for a second. I don't know what that sound is, but it's whoosh whoosh whoosh. Maybe an airplane has come into the bedroom. Maybe another doggy is walking by the house, swishing its tail and - because it's so quiet outside - I can hear it. But, my mama reaches over and hits a box and the sound stops. I'm glad that my mama did that because it was very noisy. So, because I'm so happy, I climb on her and start to lick her face to say "good morning, mama!" to her. I thought she was dead. But, no, here she is, moving around again, and I don't want her to get up because the heat from her body is so delicious. But, I know that she has to, because it's part of our morning. So, when she sits up and moves to the edge of the bed, I jump down and run toward the bathroom, since I know that she'll go in there. I usually like the bathroom, because there's a fuzzy mat on the floor that feels nice on my paws. The other parts of the bathroom are make out of stones, and they're very cold in the morning. I think that if the bathroom was just stones, I wouldn't like it so much.

There are other times in the day that I go in there even when mama doesn't because there are so many things to play with: clothes, shoes, things from the trash that I wasn't supposed to play with so someone says, "Bad Girl," which I kinda sorta don't like too much so I either drop what I'm playing with or I try to run away with it. But, I'm not too fast compared to people, so I usually get picked up and whatever I was playing with has to be dropped. Or, sometimes, I'll hold on to it longer because it's a fun game and then someone has to make me open my mouth to drop it. But, that's not what happens in the morning times. After we're done in the bathroom, mama and I go down the stairs. I used to be too little to go up stairs and down stairs, but now I'm big and I go up and down all the time. I can run up the stairs fast, but when I go down, I have to go slow because when I go down the stairs, my butt pops up and if I went fast, I'd do a somersault on the stairs and I'd hurt my keppy (that's what my mama calls my head).

She lets me outside, but it's white and cold these days so I don't get to go too far (the cold paws thing). I go out and I sniff, and I find a place to do my "business" (or at least as much of it as I can manage before my nether regions begin to freeze). Then, back in the house as we start our day with everyone.
Usually, I go down to help wake Miriam up, and we play before I'm back upstairs to see Evan. I try to spend as much time in the kitchen with mama as I can, because sometimes she's a little bit sloppy, and food falls on the floor as she's making breakfast or lunches. I don't know much about being a mama, and I don't know anything about making meals, but it's curious to me that sometimes she drops food right in the middle of the floor (like ice cream, and cookie dough, and chips). I'm glad that I have a mama who makes mistakes like this. She also gives me my breakfast: sometimes, it's cold cuts, sometimes, it's an egg, and sometimes it's a special surprise. I love my breakfast, because aside fro whatever fell on the floor during the breakfast/lunch making, I haven't eaten for hours. Hours! And, I'm one hungry girl, let me tell you.

Then, there's a whirlwind of activity with people running around getting ready for school and work and playing with me and I start to get tired a little, just when everyone says goodbye to me. Oh, and I usually get my sweater put on my (by the way, I've been meaning to tell you all that my Princess sweater was found! Someone hid it in his jacket, and I think that he did it on purpose. But, I don't mind because I have other such pretty sweaters. But, then again, I am happy that I have my favorite sweater back, and not just because the hood looks so cute around my face.)

I then try to get in a good fifteen or twenty minutes of sitting on the couch and staring out the bay window. I do this for several reasons: (1) I can start to feel the sun on sunny days, and I like the way that feels on my body (2) I can see the whole sidewalk from here, so I can bark at whatever goes by that I don't like: people, cars, other doggys, leaves, molecules of oxygen...whatever (3) I can bark at all of those things. For a little girl, I have a big voice. I keep hoping that someday there will be an "American Doggy Idol" and I would be on it, but I haven't heard anything yet. Non-opposable thumbs crossed!

Then, it's time for my workout. Back up the stairs (no, that's not my workout; not yet) and I whine until I'm let back in the bedroom. Like I said, I have a really good voice for some things, and whining is one of them. Once I'm back in the bedroom, I have a few exercises that I like to go through, depending on what kind of mood I'm in. Sometimes, it's 'fetch' where I get something thrown around the bedroom, and I run to get it and I sometimes toss it in the air back to the thrower and I sometime hold onto it and it has to be wrestled away from me.  I like it either way, as long as I can do it hundreds of times.
Other mornings, I prefer to run around the bedroom like a crazy girl: back and forth and over and around and back some more and around some more and I just go go go until I decide it's time for a breather. Then, I usually get a treat of five Cheerios because I was such a good girl.

In a little while, every one is gone and I'm alone, back on the couch.

I have a nice long nap, followed by a nap, and then, I try to squeeze in a nap before everyone comes home.

So, that's my morning, and I like it a lot and I'm happy that I got to tell everyone about it. 

Yip, Yip, Arf, Yip
Izzi

Comments