Bad Morning

There are good mornings, bad mornings, and then there are mornings like the one I had. I think I told you that we got a new fence that I can't see, and I still wonder where it is. We have some white flags around the house...maybe it's there.

Anyway, a week or so ago, someone came over to help me learn where the "fence" is, and - after a while - I started to like running with him. My new purple collar beeped whenever we got close to the flag. It was fine, and he left and that was that. I thought.

But, today, another guy came over and I did not like him at all. I barked and growled and didn't want to go near him, even though he had a treat for me. It wasn't my lamb or Cheerios, so I didn't want any of it. Then, he took me outside for training, and I didn't want to move. I think when he tried to make me walk he must have thought I was glued to the ground. I did not want to move. But, he was persistent and I finally started to run around a little. We walked near all of the flags and I heard the beep and he pulled me back. We got into a little rhythm and I thought it was going to turn into a pleasant morning.

Wrong.

He did something to the collar, and the next time we went near the flag, I felt something I'd never experienced before. It was - for lack of a better word - shocking. I yelped and ran away, but he didn't let me go to far. We had to go around the whole back yard and have every other flag picked up and I was told "no!," but I didn't get that awful feeling again (fortunately).

He left (whew!) and I ran upstairs and ran back and forth and around and around and I dug and I just didn't feel myself. I finally tired myself out and am just now waking up from a well-earned nap.

Like I said, a bad morning.

Arf, Yip, Arf, Yip,
Izzi

Comments