Back to work

I have been one hot dog lately.  The weather at my house is hot, followed by insufferably hot, followed by “can we move to Alaska?” hot.  But, when I go downstairs to Miriam’s room, I stay cool.  Oh, and there are these big noisy boxes in our house that blow cold air, and so that’s not too bad.  But, it means I can’t hear when every dog, cat, mouse, gnat, squirrel, or bug passes by the house, so I don’t get to bark so much.

Anyway, I’m back at work today.  I thought it was time for me to explore the place, since I haven’t been here much lately.  I may have a lunch date with Roxie, but we don’t know if she’s coming in today.  This will affect her performance at review time, I’ll tell you that.

We dropped Evan off at his camp on the BU campus this morning.  He took me for a little walk around the outside of the building, so I’ve got my exercise in for the day.  Then, we put the top down in the car and came to work.  I loooooooooooove when the top is down…so many smells…so much wind!  And, I think many of the boy dogs we passed were pretty impressed.  Were I only as impressed with them.  Ah, me.

And, now I’m resting, thinking about all that I have to do today.  I hope to continue to practice for the upcoming Dog Olympics in the “fetch the ball” competition, but I’ve been practicing so much recenty, I may take the night off. 

Oh, let me explain why I haven’t written so much recently.  My transcriber has been busy with some "writing" web site and has been too busy for me.  I tell you, if other people had the time, I’d switch right away to a new transcriber.  I mean, I talk and talk and talk, and I’m entertaining, and – yet – no one gets to hear my thoughts.  It’s (as they said in the 60s, when my grandmother’s grandmother’s grandmother was still in utero) a bummer.

I may have more to say later today.  I’ll leave you with a recent photo of me; one where I’m clearly in control of my vehicle

IMAG0014

Yip, Yip, Arf, Yip

Izzi

Comments