Guess what I did today?

It's been a very strange day for me. Last night, I looked around the house for my mama, but I couldn't find her. I thought it was a little strange that she didn't go to sleep in the big bed; I don't know where she was. Let me think back to what happened this week, to see if I can figure out where she might be.

Hmmm. Well, some time ago...I think it was a few days ago, but I'm not especially good with units of time; for me, a "day" is from the time I wake up until the time I go back to sleep, so I have lived many "days" since the sun came up today. Hey, maybe that's why people say that one dog year is equal to seven human years: we have more days than they do! Anyway, several naps ago (how's that?) I noticed a few strange things happening around my house. One was that there were many bags in the house: one big blue one in mama's room, and others for some of the other people in the house. Now, I remember when I went on my vacation in the summer to Seattle, I had a pretty blue bag. I wonder if that's what all those bags meant....

Also, a few naps ago, my mama was awake when it was very dark and she hugged me and kissed me a lot. She doesn't do that much hugging and kissing so much in the mornings (when it's night time she does a lot of it, but I know it wasn't night time because it was dark and I'd been sleeping). Another clue.

And, today, I got a card from my mama that had a treat inside and I never get cards from my mama (but I do get treats).

So, if I was a smarter dog, I think I might have figured out where she is. But, I stayed up late last night looking for her. One time, I thought I heard her voice coming out of that little black square that people talk into and I thought she was home and I ran to the bedroom door and then I ran to the bedroom window and then I ran to the bedroom door. But, no mama!

Maybe I'm just confused about the day. Maybe she'll be home before bed time, but maybe today is a really long day and bedtime isn't for another 96 hours or so. I'm so confused!

So, I needed something to take my mind off of my thinking (usually, if I see a squirrel, that'll do), so I decided to do something fun for me. And, I'm going to keep it a secret, because I want you to guess.  I'll give you hints by showing you some pictures of me. If you pay attention, I think you'll see where it was that I decided to go today.

But, if you're not so good at paying attention, let me give you some other hints: I got to go in a car today and since it was raining, I got a little wet before I got inside the car. I should tell you that I like riding in cars, because I can put my paws against the window and look out at the world as it passes by. When it's a cold day like today, my paws get a little cold, but I don't mind; I can see so many things that the coldness of my paws doesn't bother me.

Then, I went to this place and the place that I went to was a place that I hadn't been to for a long time. I'd say that I was happy to be there, because I was, but I was also a little - um - anxious.  But everyone that I met was very nice. Then, I hung out there for a while, and then I got picked up to go home. Oh, before I got back in the car, I posed for a couple of photographs. You'll see that I hae no "bad side", so please enjoy the view.




On the drive back home, I decided to help out with the driving, something I don't do very much. I put my paws on the steering wheel and I helped maks eure we got to our house so that I could relax. When we got home, the rain was continuing, so I shook off a bit of wetness when I was in the kitchen, and then I rolled around the carpet in the living room for a while. Then, I took a nap that lasted about three hours, and then it was time for dinner. But, I'm still not very hungry, so I only picked.

Now, it's snowing outside and I'm barking at all the flakes. I don't know why they think it's okay to come out of the sky and land on my yard. If I could go outside I would scare them away, but I'm a little cold right now (I'm wearing my 'peace sign' sweater), so I will allow the flakes to fall. But, just this once.

And, I'll see if maybe today is the day that my mama comes home. Or, if today is just a very long long long day. Yawn. Time for another nap.

Arf, Yip, Arf, Arf,
Izzi

Comments