It's not the Souper Bowl :(


Hey, I know what happened. I mean it's not like I'm blind and deaf, right? Just because I happen to live my life closer to the ground than those who walk around on two legs doesn't mean that I don't know what's going on in their world. My sister, Izzi, told me all about the Superbowl and I was very excited. Out of my skin excited. Jump on and off the couch like a madwoman excited.

Then, she explained to me a couple of things that dampened my excitement (although, thankfully, it did not go away altogether).

First of all, it was "Superbowl" as in "a bowl that is super" or something like that. And, not "Soup er bowl", which I thought it was and since there was a word in that that I understood (soup) and soup means food and food means that my belly gets full, I was wicked excited (Izzi tells me that those of us who live around here use that word, and it doesn't mean something bad like the wolves and witches that I've heard stories about). So, then I realized what everyone was talking about was NOT food. Since it wasn't about food, I didn't know what it was about (my entire life revolves around food: sniffing for it, eating it, taking it away from my sister, begging for it, looking for more of it, pretending earrings are edible...those sorts of things).


And, second, there was no real "bowl" in it, which is too bad because I thought we were going to get another dish along with our dry food and water. Maybe a dish of whipped cream? Or lamb treats? I couldn't wait, but then - like I said - Izzi explained that there was no real "bowl," which was disappointing, but since I have a very short attention spa ... hey where did that slipper come from...hold on, I need to attack it. Where was I? Oh, right, short attention span, I "let it go" pretty quickly.

But...

Izzi explained to me what it was all about and how there was maybe even going to be some extra food because it was some kind of special football game, I got exited. And, the more I thought about maybe having extra food because of football, the more excited I got about the Superbowl. And, so, I grabbed my little red football and ran around with it and then I would drop it and someone would throw it and I'd pretend that I was a football player and I would run after it and I would grab it and I would run and run and run with it and then I would drop it and it would be thrown again and I ran more and more. Whew! I was pretty tired after all that exercise and just wanted to take a nap. And, eat. But, it wasn't dinner time yet, so I just took a nap.


I always thought that I was maybe a "tight end" but my mama looked at me with the football and told me that I would make a good "line backer". I don't know what that is, but if my mama thinks I can do it, then I CAN DO IT. But, first, a nap.

And, then when I woke up it was dark outside I could hear that there was something strange and special going on in the house. I smelled smells that I never smelled before in my whole life. I think that there was something sweet cooking on the stove and there was also something sour. And, the strangest part was that I think they were mixing with each other and that was just wild!

And, so there was special food in the house and the football game started and I wasn't really planning on watching it. Mostly because I don't know the rules, but also because I heard that if I watch too much TV, I might get fat, and I like my slim figure, so I avoid TV mostly. Except for the Puppy Bowl, which I'm looking forward to when we all watch it soon.

And, then there was some new food and the football game and I was sitting on a lap so that I could be nice and toasty and then there was something that I think was crying and I felt bad so I started to lick faces of anyone who was crying, which was mostly just that one person.

And, then it was bed time and I had a full belly and I went right to sleep and forgot all about the Superbowl. But, Izzi told me that there is another one next year and I'm really excited except I don't know what "a year" is.

But, maybe next time, there will be soup.

Arf, Yip, Yip, Arf,
Rozi

Comments